Vacancy Title
Management Consultant
Business Unit, Department & Location
Retail, Hotels & Leisure
London or Edinburgh
Details

Overall Purpose of Job

 

The hotels team at GVA is a management consultancy firm with over 35 years’ experience helping clients with a wide range of projects in the hospitality, tourism and cultural sectors. We are one of the top firms working in these fields offering clients a complete range of advisory services (project management, agency, building consultancy etc.) from an expanded network of 10 offices across the UK and wider Europe.

 

We worked on around a third of all UK hotel openings reported by AM:PM Hotels last year.

 

80% of our work is in the hospitality sector with the remaining 20% coming from the tourism and cultural spheres. 

 

Our clients tend to be commercial developers, banks and organisations looking to purchase sites / properties for develop. We advise and help guide their investment decisions.

 

In this role you will provide consultancy and research support, working as a member of project teams to produce studies to the highest standard, drawing conclusions and making recommendations to our clients as appropriate. Within 6 months you will be project managing your own assignments, attending client meetings and taking an active role in business development.

 

About 70% of your time will be working on projects with the other 30% undertaking administrative tasks. We are a small team so all get involved.

 

Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities

 

Typical tasks - Consulting:

 

  • Carry out telephone and internet research. This will include but is not limited to: primary demand research, data analysis, market background and compiling competitor sets;
  • Analyse and collate results from research, drawing conclusions and making recommendations in the context of the specific study and write-up your findings;
  • Take a project manager role when required, holding regular update meetings with the project Director, senior consultant and project team members to ensure that all aspects of the study are covered and any anomalies identified;
  • Review, analyse and collate the work of all project team members, drawing overall conclusions and recommendations and preparing the report for Director review;
  • Assist with the development of proposals;
  • Meet prospective clients, receive client briefs, prepare proposals in conjunction with the Director, make face to face pitches, and follow-up to ensure conversion;
  • Communicate effectively with research subjects, clients, colleagues and the project Director to ensure the correct and best information is available for each study;
  • UK Travel as required for site visits, client meetings, research interviews and internal meetings;
  • Attend networking events;
  • Understand the structures and disciplines involved in the various studies undertaken by the GVA Consultancy team;
  • Develop an interest in and a good understanding of the hotels and leisure sectors;

 

Typical tasks - Administration:

 

  • Maintain and audit hard copy project folders – set up and close, check billing, issue and collate quality questionnaires, monitor budgeted days;
  • Monthly reporting on the above for presentation at the Quality Meeting;
  • Maintain electronic proposal folder and report into the GVA Bid Tracker;
  • Maintain all our electronic folders to ensure old data is archived and the system is tidy and user friendly;
  • Manage a client database and CRM, adding new, updating existing and deleting old contacts;
  • Set-up instruction numbers, complete relevant paperwork and issue invoices as required;
  • Assist with updating and maintaining data storage folders ensuring all data is properly filed and readily available;
  • Any other administration task as required.

 

Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience

 

Motivation and enthusiasm for the hotel/leisure sector and a drive to succeed in this role outweigh traditional experience as full training will be provided. However relevant work experience in this industry will be valuable to candidates.

 

You will be:

 

  • a graduate or graduate calibre
  • a self-starter, able to multi-task and robust with an ability to work on your own initiative
  • willing to travel and be able to drive (though you do not need to own a car)
  • enthusiastic and eager to learn
  • customer focused
  • experienced in the hotel or visitor attraction sector (desirable)
  • interested in capital development projects
  • able to start as soon as possible

 

Required Skills:

 

  • ability to structure research and write effectively
  • computer literate (Word and Excel)
  • numerate and analytical
  • be a good communicator with high levels of spoken and written English

 

GVA are an equal opportunities employer.

Click here to download the Job Description.

#LI-POST